"To Do" List

This world moves very quickly, and during the course of a 24 hour period of time, we have implanted in our minds, things that we'd like to accomplish. Lists of "Things To Do" is what runs through my mind, and usually is scribed somewhere on a 3x5 card.  I am such a lucky woman to have a few of these 'lists' around.

One is my 'General List for Work', which includes the simple tasks that I don't always do on a daily basis, but need to be accomplished. If they're real 'technical' (legal documents) they get a special list of 'Paperwork for Work' list all to their very own. These lists are usually accomplished in a relatively short amount of time, and when the tasks at hand are completed, the list is simply thrown away.

My home has a few lists of it's own. One's a general "Housecleaning To Do" list, another boasts the title of "Projects @ the House", while still another holds the coveted "Important Dates/Times" list. Why, you might ask, are lists such a prominent part of my life? It reminds me of all of the things that I not only expect my self to execute, but what others are relying on me to complete as well.  I have to admit, that sometimes, just sometimes, there are a few items on the list that don't get completed, but I still cross them out, as though the task at hand was done. It's not cheating, after all, most of this is just to organize my thoughts, my wishes of how I'd like my world, my day, to run. Not like the 'List Nazis' are gonna check up on me and my follow-through, right?

These items, the one's that I put on my 'list', which ever one it may be, are usually a chore, task, errand, etc. that needs to be completed, but isn't something that I REALLY want to do. So, my dearest friends, I have decided that I want to create a list (NOT my 'bucket list' ~ that has different parameters) that has some positive connotation to me... be it just fanciful, or even a tad practical.

1) Dance the night away
2) Learn the secret to happiness
3) Discover why men have to be the driver when the other passenger is a female
4) Read for a minimum of 4 hours each day of whatever you want.... (I know, for me, unrealistic)
5) Tweet at least 5 compliments to 5 different people each day (watch your following grow!)
6) Give a hug to at least 4 people a day.
7) Imagine "What if.." on a scale so huge, IF it were to happen, your life would be forever changed.
8) Spend time alone, no electronics around, and reflect on those people who mean so much to you.
9) Sing, loudly, to your favorite music while driving around 'back roads'
10) Find out who teaches kids to jump on chairs, couches, or beds
11) Meditate on positive people, places, and events in your life...
12) Spend a day with someone under the age of 21, they are FASCINATING!
13) Write a letter by hand to a dear friend or family member, put it in an envelope, mail it!
14) Send a "Thinking of You" note to someone you just thought of (See #8)
15) Order something, anything, online, to be delivered whenever ~ as a gift to you.
16) Take a 2 month trip down the Rhine, visiting EVERY castle along the way
17) Take a horseback ride under the full moon (again!)
18) Spend a night watching a meteor shower
19) Go on a photographic expedition of an area that's always fascinated you
20) Find out who teaches kids to jump in mud puddles (see #10 ~ they might be able to help)

I know I've got more... but I'll end it here for now ~ as soon as I accomplish a few of these, I'll be adding another. In the mean time, get going, you've got a list to make and things to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment